Update Sunday 6:15pm – All games on Monday have been cancelled due to inclement weather. Email communication on Division Placement and partial refunds, if applicable, will be sent later this week to each team. Thank You
WELCOME TO THE 2019 DENVER WINTER INVITATIONAL
February 16-18, 2019 President’s Day Weekend
ALL Competitive Levels Welcome – Champions League & Centennial League
U11(2008) – U19 (2000) Boys & Girls
Please check your division schedule to view ALL games your team is scheduled to play. If your team is in a division of 6 (2 brackets of 3 teams), your 3rd game will show up as a semifinal or consolation game. This can only be seen by viewing the division schedule.
All requests and coaching conflicts (multiple teams with same coach) have been considered and we tried our best to accommodate this in the scheduling. This year we had over 25 coaches who coach more than 1 team so trying to coordinate all those scheduling requests was very tricky especially in the semifinals/consolations/finals games. Schedules are FINAL unless a scheduling error has occurred.
Rules & Forms
Denver Winter Invitational Information
The Denver Winter Invitational co-hosted by Real Colorado EDGE and Colorado ICE is a great pre-season Spring soccer tournament to prepare your team for the upcoming Spring league season. The tournament is open to all U11-U19 Boys & Girls competitive level teams (both Champions League and Centennial League). U11-U12 will play 9v9 and U13-U19 will play 11v11. The tournament will be held over President’s Day Weekend (February 16-18, 2019) primarily at Rooney Road Soccer Complex, Long Lake Ranch Sports Complex and Broomfield Commons. All games will be played on All Weather Artificial Turf Fields.
- Each team will get a three (3) game minimum with a 4th game if your team qualifies for a Championship game.
- Application deadline is January 11, 2019 or until a division is FULL.
- U11-U14 play 2 x 30 minute halves / U15-U19 play 2 x 40 minute halves
- Refund Policy in case of weather cancellations
- Awards for 1st and 2nd place in each division
Team Check-In Information
Online Check In ONLY – no in person check in will be allowed
The Denver Winter Invitational will be using an email check in system. Please scan and email the following items no later than February 8th for check in to email@example.com
- Copy of official 2018/2019 CSA or state issued roster
- Guest Player Form if applicable (allowed up to 4 guest players). Club Pass players do not count as Guest Players. Form can be found in “Rules and Forms” section of this website
- Tournament Policy and Rules Acknowledgement Form must be filled out, signed, and returned during on-line checkin. No Signed Form – NO PLAY! Form can be found in “Rules and Forms” section of this website
Our Tournament Staff will verify the roster and guest player roster, then email a stamped, official tournament roster back, which will need to be printed and present at all games. Player passes and medical release forms do not need to be scanned and emailed, but need to be available at least 15 minutes before each game for the referees and/or tournament officials to verify against the official tournament roster at the fields. Reminder – a player can only play for 1 team during the tournament.
THERE WILL BE NO IN PERSON or ON-FIELD CHECK-IN
What you will need to bring to all games:
- Copy of your stamped TOURNAMENT roster
- Valid 2018/2019 laminated player cards for ALL players playing in tournament
- Tournament approved Guest player form
- Medical release form for every player participating in the tournament
Refund Policy Due to Weather Cancellations:
These are the amounts that will be refunded should the following scenarios occur. If a match has been started then it is considered played for refund purposes ONLY.
No Games Played:
Team will be refunded 85% of team’s tournament registration fee
1 Game Played:
Team will be refunded 60% of team’s tournament registration fee
2 Games Played:
Team will be refunded 15% of team’s tournament registration fee
3 or more Games Played:
No refund given
Field Locations and Maps
Field Location Directions:
Sponsors & Tournament Apparel
*Tournament Rate – $99/night. You can make your reservation online and will immediately receive the tournament discount rate*
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Golden-Denver Area
17140 West Colfax Ave.
Golden, CO 80401