Stenger Invitational – May 26-28, 2018
Please join us as we celebrate the 26th Anniversary of the Stenger Invitational Tournament. The 26th Annual Stenger Invitational Tournament, hosted by the EDGE Soccer Club, will be held Memorial Day Weekend (May 26th- 28th) at the Beautiful 64 acre Stenger Soccer Complex in the heart of Arvada Colorado and at Long Lake Ranch on 64th Avenue just east of highway 93.
- 3 game guarantee
- All participants will receive a Tournament pin
- Each participating team will be required to provide a qualified Linesman for the tournament.
- Additional tournament pins, patches, t-shirts, sweatshirts and merchandise will be available for purchase at the tournament headquarters.
- Concessions will be available at the tournament
- Lodging information is available for out of town teams upon request or at our website
Brackets and Schedules
Registration, Entry Fee and Payment
Teams may pay by check or credit card. Teams will not be accepted until payment is received. Checks can be mailed to:
Arvada Soccer Association
PO Box 265, Arvada, CO 80001
$325 fee for 7U
$325 fee for U8
$400 fee for 9U and 10U
$600 fee for 11U -14U
Payment must be received by April 15th, 2018. A $25.00 late fee will be added to any application received after April 15th. Please make checks payable to ASA and include with registration confirmation form. You must register online at www.stengerinvitational.net
No refunds will be issued once schedule brackets have been set.
Age Groups, Levels of Team, Playing Format
- Developmental and Intermediate Teams 7U-14U Boys & Girls
- Competitive Teams 11U-14U Boys & Girls Centennial League and Premier 2/Premier 3 Champions League
|Age Group||Field||Maximum Roster Size||Number of Guest Playersup to maximum roster size|
|7U||5v5 (4v4 + goal keeper)||10||2|
|8U||5v5 (4v4 + goal keeper)||10||2|
|9U & 10U||7v7||14||3|
***The Tournament Committee reserves the right to combine age groups and/or flights of divisions in tournament play to accommodate all applicants.***
Game Format and Divisions
Regulation game times less 5 minutes. All games will be played at the Stenger Soccer Complex, or Long Lake Regional Park, in Arvada, Colorado. Each 9U –14U team will be scheduled to play a minimum of three games. Semi-final matches (if needed) will be played on Sunday afternoon with finals & consolation matches scheduled for Monday.
Teams will be placed in Divisions based on number of teams registered, level of play and ability level. Our best efforts will be used to divide registered teams equally into divisions, based on divisional standings, division currently playing within CSA, and recommendations from the coaches, however placement is ultimately dependent on the current list of registered teams within the age group. 3 Divisions will be:
- Gold Division
- Silver Division
- Bronze Division
- White Division- if needed
7U & 8U teams will be scheduled to play 4 games on Saturday & Sunday only. The first 3 games will be randomly scheduled in a “festival format”. The tournament will conclude for these age groups with the “celebration round”, where teams with similar records will be matched for the final game.
Rules and Forms
2018 Stenger Invitational Rules
Medical Release Form – *You may use your Fall 2017 – Spring 2018 League Medical forms
Team Check-In Information
ALL CHECK-INS/REGISTRATIONS ARE ONLINE VIA GOTSOCCER
THERE WILL BE NO ONSITE/GAME DAY CHECK-INS
*PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY*
Team check-ins/registration documents are due by: Wednesday, May 16th– but you can start uploading your documents any time. Start working on collecting your documents NOW!
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL MAY 16th, to take care of this, please – for your sanity and ours!
All teams will receive a confirmation email stating that their check‐in documents are complete no later than: Tuesday, May 22nd, including a Stenger Invitational verified copy of your roster to be used at all tournament games.
Team documents will be monitored continuously and communications will be sent regarding any issues.
Teams are able to send us specific questions from within their team application on the documents page using the “Notify Registrar” section. We are able to respond back on the same page.
Instructions for online check-in can be found below: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
Please note that a player can ONLY play for ONE team throughout the tournament.
Stenger Invitational Verified Rosters will be collected by referees at all games, remember to get your roster back from the referee at the end of the game. Actual laminated player cards (11U-14U competitive teams only) and medical release forms must be available at the field, every game. Failure to produce any or all of these documents as requested at game time, will result in a forfeit of ALL GAMES!
If there are questions please email email@example.com, always identify your team name in any email.
1 copy of the State Approved, Official, Signed Roster (see “Frequently Asked Questions” below about adding guest players)
Permission to Travel Form. All teams from outside Region IV must have this form. Check with your State association for the appropriate form.
Download, read, complete and execute the Stenger Invitational Policy/Rule Acknowledgement and Team Information Form
UPLOADING TO GOTSOCCER
After you have gathered the appropriate documents to register your team, please scan or create PDF files for each document type, as they will be uploaded separately. Please use appropriately descriptive names, i.e., Roster, Travel Papers, Stenger Policy, etc.) so you will know which files to upload where in your team application.
Then, follow these instructions:
- Login to gotsoccer.com with your team username and password.
- Select the “2018 Stenger Invitational” Event
- Select “Documents”
- Select the labels from the dropdown list and upload the appropriate files.
If you need to Notify Registrar, you will see that function on your documents page, also.
REGISTRATION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I email you my documents?
No. All documents must be uploaded to your GotSoccer account.
Can I ask a specific question during this process?
- From your documents page in your team account, Stenger Invitational Event application, there is a “Notify Registrar” spot. Click on notify, type in your short question and “Add”. Stenger staff can see there is a notification and will reply at the same spot. Your team contact/manager will receive an automated email when we answer.
Once I’ve checked in using GotSoccer, will I receive an email confirming that my roster has been approved?
- All teams will receive an email confirming their roster/documents have been approved. Your actual Stenger verified roster will be uploaded into your team account by us. This is where you will print copies of your Stenger verified tournament roster to bring to the tournament. This roster must be given to the referee 15 mins. prior to each game. You must always bring your roster, actual laminated player/coach passes (no copies and only for 11U-14U competitive players) and medical forms to each game. This e-mail will be sent no later than 5 days prior to the tournament start date.
Players not attending the event:
If a player is not attending the event do I leave their name on the roster?
- No, if a player is not attending the event; you need to cross their name off on the roster before you scan it.
What is the maximum number of guest players a team can bring to the event?
- Two (2) guest players are allowed for 7U and 8U age groups, three (3) guest players will be allowed for all other age groups.
- Teams may roster up to the maximum permitted for their age per Stenger Invitational Rules (7U-8U: 10, 9U-10U: 14, 11U-12U: 16, and 13U-14U: 18).
- Guest players are included in that maximum number.
How do I add a guest player?
- Step 1: Obtain the guest player’s current player pass/card and medical release form.
- Step 2: Copy your original roster. Please handwrite legibly and carefully, the guest player’s full name, unique jersey number (if applicable), player identification number and birthday below the bottom of the existing rostered players.
- Step 3: Cross off any players not participating in the tournament.
- Step 4: Proper paperwork for guest players is required:
Print out this form here.
You must upload your completed form into your team application. VERY IMPORTANT: NO TEAM CAN PLAY WITHOUT THIS SIGNED DOCUMENT IN ITS FILE! This will be the first place we will go to contact your team during the tournament weekend for any possible reason – it is extremely important that we have this signed document back from your team before you can play.
Awards and Merchandise
Field Locations and Maps
A certified referee will officiate all games. 9U through 14U teams are required to provide a qualified parent/volunteer linesperson for each of their scheduled games. If you have anyone interested in officiating games at our tournament, Play the Whistle, www.playthewhistle.com or www.gameofficials.net
Interested in Being a Tournament Sponsor?
Our Tournament relies on several sponsors to help offset tournament costs. We would love to be able to promote your company, all while your business supports a great tournament. Please take a moment to look at the Sponsorship Opportunities, and contact David Kramer firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-726-2400 for more information.